Thursday, August 18, 2011

Entertaining

From day one my daughter has always entertained people whether it's with the clothes she decides to wear,the things she comes up with to say to others or her interpretation of words. Like most children whatever comes to mind goes through the mouth, this is especially true for her. She gets that from her dad... definitely not me! Well, she did some how learn "What the hell?" from me or it sounded like my tone.

Anyway, last night was no exception for her wild thoughts.

While celebrating dinner with my mother and her sister last night at a favorite local restaurant my daughter informs me that she needs to use the bathroom. While washing our hands and about to return to the table she noticed that the woman standing next to us was rather tall. I'm guessing she was at least 6'2" plus some since my husband is 6'2. The conversation went like this;

Kbug: Wow you're tall
Woman: Yes, I am!
Kbug: (while staring at her long lean legs) Wow, your legs are giant!
Woman: (thankfully laughing) Yes, they are.
Me: She's tall kind of like your dad, huh?
Kbug: (looking at the woman) Are you married?
Me: That's a little personal Kbug and you don't need to ask everyone that question.
Women: (laughing and leaned down towards Kbug) Oh no hun, I'm not married anymore because he was a monster!
Kbug: (serious look on her face) Was he scary?
All: laughing
Kbug: Like this... and made her impression of a monster face.

I laughed so hard that I had tears in my eyes and the woman laughed so hard she dropped whatever was in her hand into the sink. She then looked at us both (also had tears in her eyes) and told Kbug thank you for making me laugh and we all turned to leave the bathroom.

I'm pretty sure once she learns how to read that I'm going to be in trouble because I was only supposed to tell three people about that event and I've already told them. Then again, I doubt anyone will read this blog so I might be safe!

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if she was going to hook up this woman with your husband since he's tall too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even better in writing!!! LOL...luv that child! :o)

    ReplyDelete