Sunday, November 18, 2012

Toys!

It's very rare when my child gets to enjoy a hamburger meal from the fast food place we nicknamed "The Golden Arches". So when she does get to enjoy a trip through the drive-thru she talks about it and plays with that cheap plastic toy for hours... and then the toy disappears from her mindset and eventually, her life.
I usually end up tossing them in a bag to send to school to put in her teacher's treasure chest. I do this because
1) she sees the toy in the treasure chest and always picks something else because she "has one of those at home somewhere"
2) she'd rather end up with stickers.

Since I doubt The Golden Arches will ever just give away stickers instead of those crap toys so I see it as a win win!

While on our way home she told me that she loves getting toys and that she needs to clean her room because it was full of toys. A few minutes later she asked why mom and dad didn't have toys in our room. Without using the mental filter I replied that yes we did have plenty of toys we just didn't leave them out lying around all the time but quickly figured I needed to follow it up with dad has the remote and I have my jewelry.  She didn't buy that at all and kept bugging me by asking where we put "our toys" so when we got home I went into my closet and I showed her my shoes and compared them to her dress shoes. I showed her my jewelry then compared it to her jewelry. She thought about it for a little while and said "You don't let daddy have more than one toy?!?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment